Material And Design Specifications
- 6063-T832 grade aluminum alloy with hard coated I.D. This
anodic coating provides extreme hardness, excellent wear, low
coefficient of friction, and high corrosion resistance to ensure
longer, trouble-free cycle life.
- Head and Cap:
- Precision machined from extruded 6061-T6 grade aluminum alloy.
Hard coated as standard on 1 1/2" through 5" bores.
(Optional on 6" and 8" bores.)
- Piston Rod:
- Hard chrome plated steel ground and polished to a smooth
- Tie Rods:
- High strength 1215 grade zinc clear chromate plated steel.
- Rod Bushing:
- Continuous cast SAE 660 grade bronze bushing is piloted into
the head and is securely held in with an aluminum retaining plate
(1 1/2" through 5" bores) to provide maximum load bearing
- High grade aluminum alloy.
- Piston Seals:
- Block-Vee type, Buna N material is furnished as standard.
- Piston Bearing Strip:
- A low friction, dimensionally stable nylon wear band constitutes
an excellent bearing surface.
- Rod Seal:
- Block-Vee type is self-adjusting to ensure proper seal.
- Rod Wiper:
- Lip type urethane seal cleans piston rod and prevents foreign
particles from entering cylinder.
- Self-adjusting urethane cup moves into the head/cap to insure
a positive seal and allows air to meter across the cushion screw.
This method provides a fast breakaway and more precise adjustment.
- Tube Seal:
- Buna N "O" ring in head and cap provides tight
Repair kits containing all wearable replacement parts are available.
Please specify cylinder bore, rod diameter, single or double
ended, type of cushion, air or hydraulic operated and any options
which affect repair kit.
The I 1 1/2" bore magno piston cylinder requires a special
piston bearing strip. Please specify MAGNO when ordering this
bore repair kit.
Standard Repair Kit Contains: P/N 9, 10, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18 & 19.
Cushion Repair Kit Contains:Standard repair
kit plus P/N 21 & 28.
Note: Cylinder design and cushion design for
I 6" & 8" bore are similar to Series J.
When ordering parts please specify cylinder bore, rod diameter,
type of cushion and any options.