Material And Design Specifications
- 6063-T832 grade aluminum alloy with hard coated I.D. This
anodic coating provides extreme hardness, excellent wear, low
coefficient of friction, and high corrosion resistance to ensure
longer, trouble-free cycle life.
- Head and Cap:
- Precision machined from extruded 6061-T6 grade aluminum alloy
and hard coated for corrosion resistance as standard.
- Piston Rod:
- Hard chrome plated steel ground and polished to a smooth
- Rod Bushing:
- Continuous cast SAE 660 grade bronze bushing is piloted into
the head to provide maximum load bearing support.
- High grade aluminum alloy.
- Piston Seals:
- Block-Vee type, Buna N material is furnished as standard.
- Piston Bearing Strip:
- A low friction, dimensionally stable nylon wear band constitutes
an excellent bearing surface.
- Rod Seal:
- Block-Vee type is self-adjusting to ensure proper seal.
- Rod Wiper:
- Lip type urethane seal cleans piston rod and prevents foreign
particles from entering cylinder.
- Self-adjusting urethane cup moves into the head/cap to insure
a positive seal and allows air to meter across the cushion screw.
This method provides a fast breakaway and more precise adjustment.
Repair kits containing all wearable replacement parts are available.
Please specify cylinder model, single or double ended, type
of cushion, air or hydraulic operated and any options which affect
The R240 nose mount cylinder requires a special size rod bushing
and bushing retaining ring. Please specify nose mount when ordering
this model repair kit.
Standard Repair Kit Contains: P/N F-9, F-10,
14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20 & 28.
Cushion Repair Kit Contains:Standard repair
kit plus P/N F-17.